Forms on this page require Acrobat Reader to view: Download Acrobat
CISC Pre-Competitive Development Program
Cook Inlet Soccer Club has been developing elite soccer players and teams through a club program called the Pre-Competitive Development Program or Pre-Comp for short since 1998. It is a program that others have tried to imitate but failed to duplicate. Our program has grown every year based on word of mouth and results. The results speak for themselves. Pre-Comp is a bridge between recreational and competitive soccer. Our program will help your child hone their skills and develop their confidence to prepare them to play competitive soccer when and if they so choose to make the transition from recreational to competitive soccer. Pre-competitive teams are formed from online registrations and invitational assessments. Every player is accepted into the program and is then assessed on their ability and need. The director will make player placements that best suit each child’s individual needs and abilities.
The program is staffed with professionally licensed soccer coaches. A director oversees the entire program, developing a curriculum that each child receives in their training sessions weekly. They get the benefits of working with multiple coaches and interacting with other children of similar ability and a desire to learn and grow in the sport of soccer.
CISC Pre-Competitive Development Program Philosophy
Team systems and tactics are important, but they cannot fully compensate for poor control, inaccurate passing or other technical weaknesses. Ultimately, team organization is only as effective as the individual players in it. Our philosophy is based on the premise that the game consists of play between 2, 3, and sometimes 4 players in various parts of the field and that a team’s success is determined by player performances in these exchanges. Consequently, we focus on improving the individual and small group play in these sequences especially in the formative years.
- Develop skilled, confident and creative players
- Make the game fun to practice and play
- Teach good sportsmanship and respect for all
- Value winning but not above character development & performance
- Provide CISC Academy Coaching to as many boys and girls as possible
Improves coordination, balance and flexibility
Improves all aspects of ball control (technique)
- Develops more effective players (game intelligence)
- Can be adapted to suit players of all levels of and abilities
- Improves speed (starting, sprinting, reaction)
- Encourages good sportsmanship, work ethic and behavior (personality)
- Enhances vision in games
- Promotes exciting attractive soccer
- Allows players to work individually, as a form of soccer homework
Summer 2012: TBD
Location: Anchorage Gardens (Club Fields)
Please arrive early to check in and warm-]up. Bring a size 4 ball, shin guards and cleats or indoor shoes.
Download Program Flyer or Online Registration